I will try to be very generic in this recipe. You can twist and turn it based on your own liking. There are two main part to preparation of this dish, Frying Paneer and Making Sauce
Paneer Capsicum Masala
Part 1 : Frying Paneer
- 250 gm cottage cheese (Paneer)
- 3 Tbsp cornflour
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose flour (Maida)
- Oil to Fry
- Salt to taste
Optional: (You can Add your own flavor)
- Simple Crushed Black Pepper
- Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Chat Masala
I know the optional part looks bit crazy. Just add based on your taste. I personally went for Red Chilli Powder and Garam Masala.
- Prepare a paste mixing All-purpose flour, Cornflour and salt, add the Optional Mix according to your flavor.
- Add water slowly and make sure the paste is neither to thick nor too waterly.
- Dip Panner in the mix such that it form a nice coating on it.
- Fry the Panner on Oil, until it is light brown.
Note:- You can do the same for any vegetable, example you can do the same to boiled Potato or cauliflower. Dip them into the mix and fry it.
Part 2: Making Sauce
- 2 Medium sized capsicum
- 1 Big onion
- 2 Red chilies soaked in water, 1 ginger, 1 garlic (can use Ginger-Garlic Paste too)
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 small green chilies
- 2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 Tomato + 1 Small Onion ( Make into Puree)
- Cooking oil
- Haldi, Garam Masala, Cumin and Coriander Powder ( If you dont use red chilies use Red Chili Powder)
- Salt to taste
- Cut Capsicum and Onion into equal size
- Prepare the Red Chili Paste with Ginger and Garlic. (Or use Ginger Garlic Paste with Red Chili Powder)
- Prepare Puree with 1 Tomato and 1 Onion
- Heat Oil and Add the Puree. The mix will be done once Water in the mix evaporates and become more like paste.
- Add Red Chili, Garlic and Ginger Paste and Haldi, Garam Masala, Cumin and Coriander Powder
- Add Cut Onion and cook until brown.
- Add Capsicum and Tomato ketchup.
- Add Salt to Taste
- Add Fried Paneer to mix.
Note:- You can omit all the spices and just go with simple Haldi and Salt too. Its up to you to make the dish that suits your taste. There are no hard rules to follow here. Enjoy the Meal.