Trying to be more regular at Blogging, So I will put up the Recipes of Curries and Masala, I make at my Apartment here in Bangkok. I made Chole this week, so here is the recipe.
Soak Chickpea in water overnight. If this step is done, it will help you cook Chickpea quickly.
- For Boiling:
- 250gm Soaked Chickpea
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tea Bag
- 1 Chopped Potato ( Optional)
- Masala Mix
- 1 tbs Chola Masala or Garam Masala
- 1 tbs Cumin Powder
- 1 tbs Coriander Powder
- 1 tbs Red Chili Powder ( Or use Green Chili for Thadka)
- 1 tbs Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbs Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 Spoons of Ghee (Pasteurized Butter)
- For Thadka
- 2 Chopped Onions
- Tomato Puree
- 1 Cup of Plain Yogurt
- Water ( Optional)
- Step 1:
- Boil the Soaked Chickpea (Chole) with Baking Soda and Tea Bag.
- Baking Soda would help Chickpea Soak more water and Cook thoroughly.
- Tea Bag would give Brownish Color and help neutralize Baking Soda.
- Can add One Chopped Potato if you like.
- Step 2:
- Mix all the ingredients of Masala – Chola Masala/Garam Masala, Cumin, Coriander, Chili and Turmeric Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste
- Add the mix to Boiled Chickpea (Chole)
- Mix them all well.
- Heat Ghee and add to the mix.
- Step 3:
- Head Oil and Onion, Head them till it is brown.
- Once Onion is brown, Add Tomato Puree and Yogurt to the mix.
- Cook them well.
- Add Chickpea (Chole) Mix to this.
- Cook it for 10 minutes.
- Can Add Water if you want to make it like Curry. (This is optional)
Jagdeep Singh Virdi