Let’s make Kulche, a very popular Indian Bread which is eaten with Chole or boiled Yellow Matar. This recipe is pretty simple and is made on a tawa and the best part is you don’t need of a tandoor to make these.
- Warm water – ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Yeast – 2 tsp
- Maida / All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt Butter – 2 tsp
- Dry flour – ¼ cup
- Water – to brush
- Butter – to roast
- Fresh Green Coriander Leaves – to garnish
Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take warm water, add the sugar and yeast and keep it aside for 10min and you will notice it is frothy and that means it is ready.
- Now to this yeast, add maida, milk powder, salt, and butter
Mix well and knead it into a soft non sticky dough
- cover and rest for one-hour or until it has doubled
- take some dry flour in your hands and punch the dough
pinch a ball sized dough and gently roll into an oval shape using a rolling pin.
- sprinkle some Coriander leaves
brush it with water and put it waterside down on the tawa
cover it for a few seconds
again apply water on another side and slowly flip the kulcha and cover again
- Remove the lid and now brush some butter and roast with the help of a turner.
Kulcha is ready to be served with Matar/Pindi Chole, onion salad, and chaas.