Ever since I had Kulchas in Amritsar during trip to Harmandir Sahib ( Golden Temple) I wanted to know and make Kulchas myself. This did not happen until this Sunday. So here is the recipe I followed.
- Ingredients Dough :
- 2 Cups of Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp of Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Ingredients for Garnish
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Coriander.
- 4 Chopped Green Chilies
- 4 Chopped Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp of Ajwain
- 2 1/2 tbsp of Butter
- Preparation of Dough:
- Mix Wheat Flour, All Purpose Flour, Butter, Baking Powder, Salt, Sugar
- Add Milk in small quantities and Knead the dough
- Once done, roll the dough flat, spread a layer of butter and fold the dough, do this one more. ( this will form a layer of dough and butter)
- Once done, roll the dough straight, and Cut into small Balls to make Kulcha.
- Garnishing the Dough
- Roll the Ball into a round shape. Add the Garnish of your liking.
- I used, Coriander, Chilies, and Garlic in One
- Ajwain in One.
- On a heated Pan, Cook the Kulcha.
Enjoy Kulcha, You can fill it with Onion, Potatoes, or Paneer. Make Onion Kulcha, Allu Kulcha or Paneer Kulcha.
Jagdeep Singh Virdi