Whenever I feel Home Sick in Bangkok, I go to my Thai-Indian friends. One of these trips I went to Pattaya to a friend’s Home. His Mom cooked most amazing Stuffed Capsicum. I could not get the taste out of my mind for weeks. Finally, I tried to make it myself. To be frank, it came no were near the taste I expected to get, but it was good.
Here is the recipe for Potato Stuffed Capsicum.
- 2 Capsicum
- 2 Potatoes Boiled
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chili Pepper minced ( Use it as you like it)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/3 Cup of Coriander
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Jeera powder (Cumin Powder)
- 1 tsp Dhania Powder (Coriander Powder )
- 1/3 tsp Haldi Powder (Turmeric Powder )
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Dice 1 Onion, 2 Chilies
- Take Capsicum and cut the top steam off, Remove all the seeds from inside.
- Boil 2 Potatoes, Peel off the Potatoe Skin
- Mash the Potatoes to a pulp
- Heat Oil in Pan.
- Add Cumin seeds, 1 Onion, and 2 Chilies – Cook it until Onion turn brown.
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste
- Add all the spices cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add Mashed up Potatoes and mix all the content well.
- Slow Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Check if Potatoes are cooked well.
- Take Capsicum and fill them with the Mashed Potato with Spices.
- Oil the Capsium a bit, and Cook it on Pan for 5-10 (if you like raw Capsium just cook for less than 5 minutes )
- You could also bake the Stuffed Capsicum in an Oven.
- Once cooked Garnish the Curry with Coriander.
There is another way of cooking the Potatoes, Non-Indian Style will share the recipe in another Blog.
Like, Comment, Share. Cheers.